Miu Miu SS11

I don't like many fashion blogs (it's a very overcrowded place with too many people vying for attention) but I've long been a fan of Jak & Jil. I just love the interesting composition (straight up and down just doesn't do much for me these days I'm afraid) and the focus on the details. I'm all for the details.



This photo of Tamu is one of my faves. I'm just so in love with the colours of her outfit - especially those Miu Miu shoes! I've never been that much of a shoe person in all honestly but I love that bright pop of green and that black, almost lace-like detailing on the backs and toes. Here's another view of the same shoes in the nude colourway, although the detailing isn't too clear:


Not gonna lie - was totally lusting after these in the Selfridges sale

I've had that pic saved on my computer for months now and have been meaning to do nails inspired by them.. And now I finally have! Only it was really crap on all fingers apart from one so you'll just have to feast your eyes upon one finger (don't worry, it's my index finger):



What really impresses me about nail art - good nail art, I should add - is when it involves nice, clean lines. I lust after those lines! Clearly I need to practise with my pen (it's finally stopped oozing with black polish once I've removed that needle thing) to get them but I reckon this is quite a decent attempt. Once I've mastered the lines hopefully I'll be able to make patterns of the same size on each nail (!!!) and can give this look another try. At least my dotting skills seem okay!

Green: American Apparel Neon Green
Black: WAH Nails/Models Own black nail art pen

The polish arrived the other day so I was eager to try it out. It is rather bright although I wouldn't say it's as fluorescent as in the bottle. It applies quite nicely and I used three coats (as opposed to my usual magic number of two) to get even colour. I considered painting a layer of white before all the green to really make it pop but I couldn't be bothered as all my white has gone goopy (nice) but I reckon it would add some extra wow to the colour (if you're into your seriously acid greens).

1 comments:

Martine said...
29 July 2011 at 15:47

Hi Alison,

My name is Martine and I work for American Apparel. I came across your blog while scouring the net for some cool nail art inspirations and loved how you used American Apparel neon nail polish in your post.

Every week we choose our favorite blog posts to feature on our "Best of Seen and Submitted" and this week we focused on our favorite nail art posts. We featured y I hope that's alright with you. Check out the link below. It includes your image, a credit and link back to your original post.

http://www.americanapparel.net/whatsnew/item.aspx?i=1812
http://www.americanapparel.net/whatsnew/

Thanks so much!
Martine
martinec@americanapparel.net

Post a Comment