Hussein Chalayan SS11

I love Hussein Chalayan. He's one of my favourite designers (along with Chanel, Marc Jacobs and Luella). Lately I've been craving nude nails, nothing too wacky, something a bit more sophisticated. Maybe it's because I'm about to turn a whole year older but quite simple nails were called for.



I had a browse around net-a-porter for some nail inspiration and hit upon gold. This was after I had attempted to do some Jonathan Saunders nails pretty much in the dark (thank you, dodgy wiring) and they had, of course, come out all shades of horrible. I was definitely ready for simple!

When I spotted this dress instantly knew I had the right colours sitting on my shelf; Revlon Gray Suede and Revlon Passion Fruit (it's scented too). Unfortunately I was having a severe case of impatient-itus and ruined my nails all over again. I took my time after that and painted the colours with a day inbetween to seriously dry so after a few days this was the result:



I'm quite happy with this although I'm super tempted to whack something sparkly on... If I had uber long nails (never going to happen since I wear contacts and quite like having eyes despite them not being quite so good as they used to be) I'd have done a Louboutin-esque manicure with the pink on the inside and nude on the outside. A bit more peekabo like the dress but nevermind, I'm sure more people can appreciate the pretty colours better this way!

(Have to say that Passion Fruit smells so yummy! It reminds me of a packet of Skittles which is really making me hungry...)

Oh, by the way it's my birthday on May 19th so if you'd like to buy me the matching dress it's only £930 from net-a-porter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment