Floral Nails - A First Attempt

I had a go at doing floral nails earlier this week. This is definitely not the best photo in the world of them but my camera is back in London and I'm still at my parents'.


I've been meaning to try out floral nails for a while now but didn't have the right colours. When I spotted the Models Own Pro range in Boots the other day I couldn't resist picking up a couple of bottles. After umming and ahhing for about half an hour I chose Rosewood Pink (a dusty vintage sort of rose pink without being overly saccharine) and Freedom of Peach (a nudey sort of peach). I've been meaning to get some colours I could use for florals and these seemed perfect!

Originally I wanted a blue base colour but the blue I have with me didn't go with the colour of the flowers (which I practised on a notepad beforehand). To do the flowers I tried all sorts but preferred using the brush that came with the polish to "dab" on spots of colour. I think that when trying to do vintage-y Cath Kidston type floral prints it's much better to be less precise and more rough so after the first colour (Freedom of Peach), I layered on top Rosewood Pink in the same dabbing motion before switching to my trusty Barry M White. I then added some leaves using a Topshop polish, although I'm not too happy with the shade of green...

(I swear my hands are not normally this wrinkly?)

Overall I think it's quite decent for a first try but I wish I had something light and sheer with me that I could've used as a base coat. Ahh well, next time. Practise makes perfect and all that. More runway nails to come soon, I promise! I've got a good idea in my head but it'll take a couple of weeks to gather the right materials...!

0 comments:

Post a Comment