Pass the Pastels

Mmm pastel shades. I love pastel shades. That is I do until I get sick of them like I've eaten far too many Parma Violets. But right now I am back to loving pastels again mainly thanks to these two photos:


The Cherry Blossom Girl is my absolute girl/life crush. Everything she posts is so gorgeous and whilst I can't stand most outfit-posting-bloggers (the majority seem far to up their own asses), I just adore her's. Here's an example of one of the many beautiful photos that she takes and I am in love with her sweet macaroon-coloured nails! Of course if I'm going to replicate this look I may need to conduct some research that begins with buying some macaroons...



The new gradient/ombre nails. I love these super pretty shades and this manicure has been sitting on my Tumblr for a while now. I think it's time to give it a go... Here are the shades that stephanieanguyen used:

Pinky: OPI’s Samoan Sand
Ring: OPI’s Kiss On The Chic
Middle: OPI’s Lucky Lucky Lavender
Index: OPI’s Rumple’s Wiggin
Thumb: OPI’s Do You Lilac It?

This reminds me that I saw OPI's Samoan Sand being used at a show during New York Fashion Week this year. I think it was Max Azria but don't quote me on that. Nevertheless it's very pretty and like a peachy-nude (I seem to be all over these at the moment) so I may need to pick a bottle up.

I really want to get back to London and my entire polish collection to yank out all the pastels I own and paint my nails in the sweet shades but I currently have a list of nail ideas as long as my arm so it might be a few weeks before they make an appearance on this blog. Keep your eyes peeled though as when it comes to my nails I get bored pretty easily...

0 comments:

Post a Comment